Membership Building Ideas
An impressive way to make a huge impact on visitors involves providing guests with an guest packet. Include the following in your guest packets and convert guests into members quickly:
- Testimonials from club members from those that have just started to those who are advanced.
- Brochures from Toastmasters International (see Resources below)
- Contact information of all Club Officers, website addresses for Toastmasters International, District and club.
- Calendar dates which display future meetings at a glance including special events and topics.
- Success stories from members of the club.
Have visitors sign-in using a guest book to capture names, phone numbers and email addresses. Add a column that asks why they are inquiring about the Toastmasters program. Consider a raffle ticket for the signed-in guests to win a prize at the end of the meeting. The prize can be a packet of literature to further inform them on the benefits of Toastmasters International.
Develop a team of club members who greet and welcome guest warmly. Relying on just one person (e.g. VPM, VPPR) to greet can be enhanced greatly by several friendly smiling faces that can offer information, another perspective and answer questions.
- New Member Induction Ceremony – Script
- Become a Better Leader – http://bit.ly/2u5s7S3
- Because Communication Isn’t Optional – http://bit.ly/2t7KE2C
- Find Your Voice – http://bit.ly/2tbhjVA
- All About Toastmasters – http://bit.ly/2u5q5kH
- How To Renew Membership on the Toastmasters Website – http://bit.ly/2fjIWU6